Re: [Evolution] About "hide read messages"

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 09:05 -0400, David Guertin wrote:
On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 23:06, Andrew Conkling wrote:
[snip]
FWIW, Emacs Gnus (strictly speaking a newsreader, but widely used for
email as well) does this. After a message is read, it does not display
again unless you ask it to. It does not disappear immediately (which
would be pretty useless), but remains visible until you leave the
folder. Only when the folder is displayed again are the read messages
hidden.

It's very convenient behavior for large-volume lists (like this one :-).

That must be a function of screen size, because I like to have it
all there, with earlier posts in the thread at ready access.  I
might not, though, with a 17" monitor.

--
Ron Johnson <ron l johnson cox net>