Re: [Evolution] About "hide read messages"

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 09:44, Ron Johnson wrote:

That must be a function of screen size, because I like to have it
all there, with earlier posts in the thread at ready access.  I
might not, though, with a 17" monitor.

Not so much screen size as just a purely personal preference. Mostly I
don't care about the earlier posts -- I've already read them. With
threading on, new messages to different threads show up scattered in the
subject pane. I'd just rather not have to scroll through 80 read
messages to find the two or three new ones. Having them grouped together
is simply easier (down arrow reads each one).

I could, of course group new messages by just turning off threading, but
threading is far too useful to turn off.

Dave
--
David Guertin
Library and Information Services