Re: [Evolution] Evo: backing up & restoring to new machine

For local email, the important locations are ~/evolution or ~/.evolution >= version 1.5.

If you do them, you will get all your local email back, regardless of any other settings.

Add
~/.gconf/apps/evolution

if you also want your settings (version 1.4 or later, otherwise just ~/evolution).

But you must shutdown gconf before restoring the files otherwise it may not pick them up properly.
(gconftool-2 --shutdown).  Also you should shut it, and evolution, down before taking the backup, for consistency.

That's it really - only those two directories are used unless you've setup specific external file sources (maildir, mh trees, etc).

There has been a fair bit of discussion about this stuff on the list before - check the archives.