Re: [Evolution] Re: title encoding

One more vote in favor of accepting this reality. Sometimes you just
have to deal with the effects of market share.

I'm all in favour of pragmatism, but in my view the Evo developers are
doing the right thing - i.e. program evo to be standards compliant
*first*, then where possible tweak it to cope with the shortcomings of
other programs.  Evo should stand out as a beacon of excellence and
conformity that others aspire to, not something that will always play
second fiddle to an MS product.

In this particular case, could something be done that highlights the bad
encoding, but makes a stab at it anyway - something like put '?' either
end of the string or render it in a different colour?

Pete

--
Pete Biggs :{)        pete physchem ox ac uk   pete biggs chem ox ac uk
Phone: 01865 275490 (Work)    01865 275410 (Fax)    pete biggs org uk