Re: [Evolution] Hundreds of alarms

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 19:52, Scott Bronson wrote:

This is a very good discussion.  I have one thought...

What if all alarms were displayed in a single window?

i.e. let's say I have 100 past-due appointments.  Popping up 100
windows is of course a disaster.  But, what if Evo popped up a single
window that listed all 100 alarms in a list box (or tree view or
some other way of listing lots of data)?  A single click on
the OK button and they're all gone.  No crashing window managers.  :)

Would this make everybody happy?

This wasn't the first time this solution has been suggested, and if I
understand Mr. Moya correctly, this is essentially the solution that has
been implemented in 1.5.x.  While this is certainly an improvement, I
still don't understand what would be so difficult about giving the user
the option to disable alarms that are more than some configurable amount
of time overdue.  But I guess I'm just a user here, not a developer on
this project.

        /dwight
--
Dwight N. Tovey