Re: [Evolution] Hundreds of alarms

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 04:17, Dwight Tovey wrote:
On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 11:19, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

your problem is that there is no stored date for the last notification,
so the alarm daemon thinks the last notification was in 1/1/1970, so it
shows you all alarms since then :-(

It should probably just use the current time as the last notification
date if that setting is not set.

Ok, that explains not only the many alarms that I got this morning, but
also the long past-due alarms when I haven't logged in to this system
(my laptop) for a few days.  In some circumstances I can understand
wanting these past-due alarms, but frankly, in general they are mostly
just a nuisance.

well, they are if you use the calendar just once in a while. But if you
use it daily, as I do, they are really useful, like reminding me of
events that happened when I was on holidays, for instance.

  I still think that it would be better if it was
possible for the user to decide to only have alarms as they happen and
ignore anything overdue.

not sure if that would be a good solution.

cheers