Re: [Evolution] Hundreds of alarms

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 15:32, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 00:23, Craig McIntyre wrote:
On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 06:20, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
  What would it take to include a configuration
option so that the user can specify an age limit for alarms?
I think it will be used by just a few people, and will clutter the
preferences.
right, then let's either have the 'dismiss all' button, or make the
backend remove the alarms when it notifies them.
I would be in favour of some option to dismiss all of these alarms, or
better, prevent all these alarms being displayed when they've already
been dismissed (albeit on another computer).

This is a very good discussion.  I have one thought...

What if all alarms were displayed in a single window?

i.e. let's say I have 100 past-due appointments.  Popping up 100
windows is of course a disaster.  But, what if Evo popped up a single
window that listed all 100 alarms in a list box (or tree view or
some other way of listing lots of data)?  A single click on
the OK button and they're all gone.  No crashing window managers.  :)

Would this make everybody happy?