Re: [Evolution] Default Browser not working properly

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 07:49, guenther wrote:
The point is, the mentioned steps work for me -- and did so for
everybody asking on this list before. But as I don't know everything
about the GConf settings and their interaction with the Gnome Desktop,
there may be some other settings.

Not for me.  All my settings are correct, as shown in the list, but I
still get the following error when clicking on a link - ever since
installing gnome-2.3 (I'm now on gnome-2.4):

(evolution-1.4:24235): evolution-mail-WARNING **: gnome_url_show: The
default action does not support this protocol.

This happens no matter what browser I choose.

I haven't seen anyone come up with a solution for that.  If I remember
correctly, it is a closed bug on the gnome list due to being hard to
recreate.  I tried to debug it, with no success a long time ago - the
backtrace didn't seem to help anyone.

So, I'm relegated to right clicking each link, selecting "copy link" and
then pasting it into the browser - and hoping that the problem goes away
as "magically" as it appeared.

Lonnie