Re: [Evolution] Default Browser not working properly

Lonnie,

The point is, the mentioned steps work for me -- and did so for
everybody asking on this list before. But as I don't know everything
about the GConf settings and their interaction with the Gnome Desktop,
there may be some other settings.

Not for me.  All my settings are correct, as shown in the list, but I
still get the following error when clicking on a link - ever since
installing gnome-2.3 (I'm now on gnome-2.4):

Hey, don't mess with my positive statistic... ;)

(evolution-1.4:24235): evolution-mail-WARNING **: gnome_url_show: The
default action does not support this protocol.

Well, seems to be a more general issue.

This happens no matter what browser I choose.

I haven't seen anyone come up with a solution for that.  If I remember
correctly, it is a closed bug on the gnome list due to being hard to
recreate.  I tried to debug it, with no success a long time ago - the
backtrace didn't seem to help anyone.

As I just said in another post, I don't understand the GConf settings as
I would like to. I think I will search for more documentation and try to
grok this.

Don't wanna be cheeky or pretentious, but...

As I am plain curious about this issue: If you want to, you can send me
your ~/.gconf directory in a tar ball. I would love to play with them
and maybe I can reproduce and eliminate this issue and at least compare
to my settings -- maybe I will understand GConf better that way.

(Of course, make sure there are no private passwords in that files -- I
dunno, if there are any. Anyway, I will held every info confident, if
you trust me.)

If you want to try this, we should elevate the thread off-list.

...guenther