Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.4.4 performance on KDE 3.1
- From: Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>
- To: Paul Hands <phands cadence com>
- Cc: evolution lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.4.4 performance on KDE 3.1
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:02:54 -0400
Sounds like your video card can't handle your chosen resolution at 24bit
colour depth so well. I think you'll find that you usually need to run
16bit colour depth on laptops if you run 1024x768 resolution or higher.
well, at least you found the problem - not evolution afterall ;-)
On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 05:13, Paul Hands wrote:
I tried turning the color depth down from 24 bit to 16 bit and the
whole thing speeded up noticeably. 3D on or off seemed to make no
This is on a Radeon Mobility 7500 chipset on an IBM T31 laptop. Any
clues / ideas there? I need to use the higher color depth, as we
develop tools here which need it.
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.
fejj ximian com - www.ximian.com
] [Thread Prev