Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.4.4 performance on KDE 3.1

Does the RENDER X extension work properly on your system?

(do you get errors like "Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display
:0.0" ?)

all I know is that my laptop (p3 600 w/ 128 megs of RAM running RedHat 9
w/ XD2 running default setup) sounds like it runs evolution faster than
your 2 gigahertz + 2gig of ram desktop machine, which seems a bit
strange... no? I'll grant you that w/ 128 megs of ram and a 256 meg swap
partition, things are not exactly snappy - but redraws and plenty fast.

the browser config setting thing has more to do with what arguments you
pass to the browser command-line than a bug in GNOME. If I try to launch
mozilla more than once on my machine from the command-line, it often
won't let me - asking me to select a different profile.

you probably need to do something like: mozilla --new-window

(you'd have to read up on the mozilla command-line options to know for
sure, I was just making that one up).

what other preferences "get ignored"? They all seem to work fine for
me...

Jeff