Re: [Evolution] help with IMAP

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 03:34, Jean-Marc V. Liotier wrote:
There is just one quirk that nags me from time to time (once every few
days) : under conditions that I have not yet precisely identified but
that might have something to do with Evo starting up while offlineimap
is working the local maildirs, Evo stops refreshing the unread message
count in the folders tree. But apart from that, nothing but good stuff.

I've seen Evo do that even with pure online imap. I haven't investigated
it much but I think it happens when Evo 'knows' there's unseen mail in a
folder, because it's visited that folder and asked for all(!) the flags
for all the messages in that folder, then later someone else reads those
messages and the IMAP server says there are no unseen messages in the
folder.

Evolution _remembers_ the message flags it had seen earlier, even though
they're no longer valid since the moment Evo SELECTed another mailbox,
and in the presence of conflicting information something seems to go
wrong.

Then you go back to the offending folder and Evo doesn't re-fetch the
message flags, and _still_ shows you the messages as being 'unread' even
though they're not.

I suspect that fixing Evo to forget message flags when it leaves a
folder would fix this. Caching them while the folder is not SELECTed is
blatantly not correct behaviour.

--
dwmw2