Re: [Evolution] help with IMAP

I'm a bit reluctant to respond since I'm definitely not an expert.  But I do access my IMAP mail using evolution and it works great.

First, what version are you running?  I'm running 1.2.2 on one machine and 1.0.8 on another.

Second, you didn't say whether you told evo that the server was an IMAP server.  I assume that, under mail settings, you set the server type to "IMAP."

I honestly don't remember doing much else to get it to work.  Don't look in your Inbox for your IMAP messages; they won't be there.  There's a top-level folder (same level as "Local Folders") that has the name of your IMAP account.  Under that should be all your IMAP folders as subfolders.  In the mail settings are a few switches specific to IMAP folders -- show only subscribed folders, check for mail in all folders, apply filters to INBOX on this server, etc.  Maybe you need to tell evo to check mail in all folders.

I hope this isn't too basic, but like I said, that's about all I did and it worked.  I wish I could remember if I did anything else.  If I can help by checking this or that setting, let me know.

Incidentally, this is on evo1.2.2.  I did it on evo1.0.8 as well.

Regards,

Jim