Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: keep track of own mails in maillinglists]

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 01:41, Mario Vukelic wrote:
On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 02:02, David Woodhouse wrote:

Should work fine. You look at References: not just In-Reply-To:

Maybe I look for the wrong thing, but our little subthread here is
inherited from a posting by Cengiz_Alaettinoglu yahoo com higher up.

It not. See http://www.infradead.org/~dwmw2/thread.jpeg

Cengiz replied to an off-shoot; your message isn't inherited from his at
all.

 If I look at the references header of your previous posting (the one i#m
replying to now), it says:

If you follow from parent to parent and ignore the siblings, that looks
right. They're _all_ inherited from the original message
<1058254082 16156 31 camel yoda phion> and _that's_ the ID you'd want to
make sure you have in your list.

In fact, because you can't really rely on ordering of the References:
header you'd probably have listed all the IDs listed in the References:
header of the first mail to which you replied, rather than just the last
one (which is _normally_ the first mail in the thread.

I'm still not convinced it's workable in practice, but I can't think of
a better way of doing it off-hand.

--
dwmw2