Re: [Evolution] Contacts runs like treacle

Works perfectly fine here - Redhat 8.0, Evolution 1.0.8, Dell Latitude
laptop, 512M RAM.

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 06:02, Panos Tsapralis (TELLAS) wrote:

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 13:33, Matthew Whimp wrote:
I've just managed to convert my contacts over from kaddressbook.
However, I am shocked at how resource hungry, and slooooow the
contacts part of evolution is.  Is this normal behaviour.  In total, I
have about 160 vCard entries in the contacts section.  And everything
I do from scrolling through the contacts, to selecting a particular
letter, makes evolution drag.  Basically all my memory (256MB) is all
used up, and it's swapping like mad.  My mouse cursor jumps about, its
just horrible.

Same thing here, Matthew, since a long time ago (version 1.0), although
not as heavy as you describe.

The contacts selection dialog box (the one that appears when I click on
the "To:", "Cc:" or "Bcc:" buttons of a new message) behaves normally,
however, whenever I select a contact and click on any of the three
buttons, it takes up to one minute to add the name of that contact to
the relevant list.

This is really annoying and I wish it could be resolved...