Re: [Evolution] TZID

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 19:56, Ted Anderson wrote:
I just wanted to rehash this one more time before attempting to share an
ICS file. Calendars from the icalshare website, for example, have TZID's
that look like "Europe/Madrid" "America/New York" etc, while Evolution's
look like "/softwarestudio.org/Olson_20011030_5/Europe/Madrid" and
"/softwarestudio.org/Olson_20011030_5/America/New York".

The iCalendar standard specifies that TZIDs that start with a "/" are to
be considered globally unique. So they need more distinguishing
information. It's unfortunate that this means that other clients present
very long confusing timezone names.

Does anyone know if an Evolution ICS file can be read as-is by other
programs?

Yes, assuming the other program isn't buggy.

 I've already tried importing the file on my wife's XP box, but that's
a whole other issue as Outlook seems incapable of importing ICS files
it didn't generate.

Yeah, not exactly sure what its constraints are. You might be able to
import them if you split up the file into multiple files each containing
a single event.

-- Dan