Tabbed components (was: Re: [Evolution] Evo 2.0 UI - Requests/comments)

[Not a direct reply, Michael, just co-opting your thread... Sorry!  =)]

I saw mention of the 2.0 UI mockup discussion at FootNotes
(http://gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1215&mode=thread&order=0&thold=1).  I
was looking at the shots and thinking to myself how nice it looked except for
the rather large space wasted around the big component navigation buttons in
the lower left.

Then I saw this mockup in a comment on the story, showing the same proposed
layout but with each component on a separate tab:
http://www.martianrock.com/evo2_calendar_tabs.png

Now THAT is exactly what I wanted to see, but I didn't know it until I actually
saw it!  =)  This way you keep the nice separation of components that you're
after.  (Also, if the tabs work as they do in Galeon, you can tear any one of
them off to make the component live in a separate window, or stick them back
together again as necessary, which I believe is another goal.)

I was surprised no one had put this forward for the actual list's discussion, so
I thought it worth writing to make sure people had seen it...

Thanks,
Bret

PS: The screenshot link came from this comment:
http://gnomedesktop.org/comments.php?op=Reply&pid=13902&sid=1215&mode=thread&order=0&thold=1