Re: Tabbed components (was: Re: [Evolution] Evo 2.0 UI - Requests/comments)

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 18:21, Bret A Mogilefsky wrote:
I saw mention of the 2.0 UI mockup discussion at FootNotes
(http://gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1215&mode=thread&order=0&thold=1).  I was looking at the shots and
thinking to myself how nice it looked except for the rather large space wasted around the big component
navigation buttons in the lower left.
(...)
Then I saw this mockup in a comment on the story, showing the same proposed
layout but with each component on a separate tab:
http://www.martianrock.com/evo2_calendar_tabs.png

If space is the issue, then maybe using smaller buttons would solve the
problem?  (Small buttons in the lower left corner actually take less
space than a whole line of tabs.)

I am not very fond of using tabs there, since I think they are more
awkward to click on, and not as nice looking.

-- Ettore