Re: [Evolution] Memos

On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 09:21, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 18:16, HvR wrote:
> no it doesnt belong in a browser, if i use that argument, then email
> belongs in an email reader, news belongs in a news reader, addresses
> in an addressbook, appointments in a calendar, so evolution would be a
> useless tool. Keeping all the objects in my busy life organised is
> what i am looking for evo to do. and face it bookmarks are important
> these days.

except that Evolution is not a web browser, so how could we keep track
of another programs settings? that's just rediculous.
no it is not, i currentl have a little php/_javascript_ button on my browser that bookmarks the page i am viewing, and then a script comes in once a day to turn it into emails for evo, so each time i bookmark a url it turn into an email in one of the evo folders, the email is html formatted so i can open it and click on the link an voila the page opens.

A better way to do this it would be to just use drag and drop: i drag the link i am viewing from my web browser and drop it on the evo window: voila the bookmark and time stamp are added. Not that hard to to...

> so your argument will be: then shouldnt evo also track my files? the
> answer is yes please if that would be possible...

so...what you want is bloat? :-)
not bloat...i want to use evo to manage all my data objects, so all my emails, appointments, todo, memos, bookmarks and files. I know it is a lot to ask for, but evo is classified as a PIM isnt it? PIM stands for Personal Information Manager...

next people will want Evolution to be an Operating System...

Jeff