Re: [Evolution] Evolution problem (failed dependencies - upgrade)

Granted, you've already installed, but I'm going to answer the questions
for the record.

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 11:59, Stephen Liu wrote:
Hi Mark,

RH 8.0
======

1)
(snip)
What are
rcd-1.4.4-0.ximian.5.1.i386.rpm
and
rug-1.4.4-0.ximian.5.1.i386.rpm

What are they used for?

rcd is the Red Carpet Daemon.  It's a backend to which various clients
can connect.  rug is a command-line client, convenient for scripting.

2)
To install and run "red-carpet-2.0.1-0.ximian.5.1.1" whether I need Xd2
(Ximian Desktop 2)

No, but it does require rcd.  rug is optional.

3)
If I don't install Xd2 with command "wget -q -O - http://go.ximian.com
|sh" so that I could remove it later if needed, whether I need to
download all packages from following URL

ftp://ximian.orst.edu/pub/ximian/xd2/redhat-80-i386/

1) XD2 cannot be removed later without great difficulty.  The
go.ximian.com option does allow an Evolution-only install which is
easier to undo, however.  Neither requires any separate downloading
beyond what is done automatically by the installer, though having
various Red Hat Linux 8.0 updates (notably to glibc) installed already
will make the install faster.

-Mark Gordon