Re: [Evolution] html 2 text filter?

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 11:52, Patrick wrote:
Hello,

I receive a lot of html emails in Evolution 1.2.2. Is there a html 2
text converter thingy that I can use as a filter to strip out the html
and get ordinary text email?

TIA,
Patrick

I used to use this script with mutt, before I switched to evo which
displays html well.  Eventually I switched to only showing images by
default from people in my addressbook, though, because some of the spam
was just way too obnoxious.  "links" supposedly does better with tables
than "lynx".  I'm not sure about w3m.

#!/bin/sh

# for mutt to view html e-mails

#where html2txt is a shell script that performs the conversion, e.g. by
#calling

links -html-numbered-links 1 -html-images 1 -dump "file://$@"

#or
#
#lynx -force_html -dump "$@"
#
#or
#
#w3m -T text/html -F -dump "$@"

--
Dan Stromberg DCS/NACS/UCI <strombrg dcs nac uci edu>