Re: [Evolution] LDAP server update with Evolution

tor, 2003-01-09 kl. 00:54 skrev Chris Toshok:

The only present issue with just using lachman/laser (or rather what the
example in the lachman/laser draft shows) is that the mailGroup
definition contains "MUST (cn $ mail)"..  Not sure what to do wrt the
'mail' attribute when creating a MUA mailing list, as the members of the
list are represented as mgrpRFC822MailMember attributes.

We could create another mailGroup-esque objectClass..  maybe like the
following:

objectclass ( x.x.x.xxxx.xxxx.xx.x.x.x
      NAME 'muaMailGroup'
      SUP top AUXILIARY
      DESC 'MUA Friendly Mail Group'
      MUST ( cn )
      MAY ( mgrpRFC822MailMember ) )

That can be used in conjunction with mailGroups..  Not sure yet.

Hmmm ... the only Lachmann-Laser I have is from Jan 2001, is included
with the Openldap tarball distro. At the end, is the following:

(ii)    Removed references to mailGroup document which has expired.

There's no definition of a mailGroup objectclass, only a dif file
example with one in it.

A test example I use doesn't have a mailGroup objectclass:

dn: cn=localmailgroup,ou=people,ou=groups,dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisMailAlias
structuralObjectClass: nisMailAlias
cn: localmailgroup billy demon nl
rfc822MailMember: pete vbld1 nl
rfc822MailMember: paul vbld2 nl
rfc822MailMember: fred vbld3 nl
rfc822MailMember: evy
rfc822MailMember: tonye
rfc822MailMember: torgeir

That's all it needs. My mailserver parses localmailgroup billy demon nl
and removes the realm, if necessary.

But, it's not in an rfc or anything and as I said, what guarantee would
there be that it would correspond to something on a MS Exchange or
eDirectory group?

Best,

Tony

--