Re: [Evolution] LDAP server update with Evolution

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 16:40, Joaquim Fellmann wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 01:05, Chris Toshok wrote:

Why Evolution couldn't add the missing objectClass and attribute is
beyond me.

It does add the missing objectClasses (that's the reason the 'sn'
attribute is required), but it won't add an sn attribute if there's not
one in the contact editor, it only stores what it can from the input you
give.

The thing is if you give him "John Smith" as a Full Name (without
clicking on the "Full Name..." button), it will automatically assume the
sn as Smith in the create case but cannot assume it in the update case.
That's what I find not so homogeneous.

Hm, but that's exactly what I did with my test..  The cn was "Account"
and I changed it to "Account Test" without clicking on the button and it
worked (sn shows up as "Test").

Evolution does parse the full name field whenever it syncs from the
contact editor to the ECard, and it'll pick up a surname if there is one
(there are bugs in the i18n behavior of that parsing, but it does
happen). So as far as the parsing code is concerned, it doesn't matter
if it's a create or update.

Chris