Re: [Evolution] Built-in spam filtering? (Spam grading is better)

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 21:56, Jim Frost wrote:
On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 21:46, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
just to get this thread to stop, since it's going no where...

Ximian is considering implementing a bayesian spam filter within
Evolution itself. Management is pushing for it to be implemented for
Evolution 1.4 but I seriously doubt Michael and I will have the time to
do it in so short an amount of time, but that doesn't mean it won't make
it into the version *after* 1.4 (or a version shortly after?).

That is terrific to hear.  What kind of timeframe is 1.4,

feature freeze is in 2 weeks

 and what are
the odds that things might get done faster if you got some help with the
initial implementation?

given that the timeframe is 2 weeks, I'm thinking that the odds aren't
much better since any aditional helpers would have to learn the codebase
in a jiffy :-)

we also need to finish porting evolution to gnome 2.0 :-)

I don't know that I have time to help, but I might ... and if my choice
is to spend time setting up procmail et al in a one-off versus
contributing my time towards a solution that lots of people can use,
I'll pick the latter.  Though I really hate the idea of going back to
C++ :-).

it's actually implemented in c, not c++.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.