Re: [Evolution] Built-in spam filtering? (Spam grading is better)

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 21:46, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
just to get this thread to stop, since it's going no where...

Ximian is considering implementing a bayesian spam filter within
Evolution itself. Management is pushing for it to be implemented for
Evolution 1.4 but I seriously doubt Michael and I will have the time to
do it in so short an amount of time, but that doesn't mean it won't make
it into the version *after* 1.4 (or a version shortly after?).

That is terrific to hear.  What kind of timeframe is 1.4, and what are
the odds that things might get done faster if you got some help with the
initial implementation?

I don't know that I have time to help, but I might ... and if my choice
is to spend time setting up procmail et al in a one-off versus
contributing my time towards a solution that lots of people can use,
I'll pick the latter.  Though I really hate the idea of going back to
C++ :-).

jim