[Evolution] Built-in spam filtering?

I didn't have time to check the archives thoroughly but I'm somewhat
surprised nobody has put a Bayesian spam filter or something like that
into Evolution.  I'd kill for that.  I'd do it myself if I had the time,
but I really don't.

Anyway, in case this spurs someone to do some work, I did spend some
time working on an imap server based bayesian system.  The idea was that
with imap the folders are all on the server and I can easily create a
special "spam" folder that users can drag and drop spam into, and use
their personal folders for the not-spam side of things.  My system was
rebuilding the databases every once in awhile out of cron but with a
built-in system you could do it as-you-go (which would be cool).

This was drop-dead simple to use from the user's point of view (my goal
was that my wife should be able to use it without my help).  The
downfall was that I haven't had the time to get the delivery stuff
working and integrated into my mail delivery system.

Apple's mail client with Jaguar (OSX 10.2) does something more or less
like this, but instead of a spam folder there's a "this is spam"
button.  And instead of moving probable spam into a special folder it
colorizes them or destroys them (at your option).  In some ways I like
this, but I would kind of like to be able to go in and edit the spam
template messages so I think I'd still rather have a spam folder and
have colorization or prioritization versus a trash folder as an option.

Anyway, if anyone has time to work on something like this I bet a ton of
people would love it.  I sure would.  In fact, I'd pay money if this
feature were an add-on ala Exchange connectivity (hint).  I'd also pay
money for a Windows version of Evolution (hint hint) so I didn't have to
switch to Outlook whenever I have to use Windows.

I note that I looked into spamassassin, which seems to be the preferred
technique using an external filter, and I really dislike its rule-based
system.  Way too many false positives, and a lot of work to set up and
maintain too.  Spam filtering would be a great integrated feature and
doesn't look like it'd be a lot of work to implement.

jim