Re: [Evolution] Built-in spam filtering? (Spam grading is better)

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 04:46, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Ximian is considering implementing a bayesian spam filter within
Evolution itself. Management is pushing for it to be implemented for
Evolution 1.4 but I seriously doubt Michael and I will have the time to
do it in so short an amount of time, but that doesn't mean it won't make
it into the version *after* 1.4 (or a version shortly after?).

That's great news. Meanwhile, bogofilter works quite nicely for me as an
external filter (albeit being a little slow).

However, it would be quite nice to have a backmenu option to run a
specific named filter on selected emails. This would neatly solve the
problem of training bogofilter. You could select misclassied emails and
run a reclassify filter on them. Currently I have to copy the
misclassified emails to a specific teaching folder and run a script
manually to reclassify them.

I think the ability to run selected filters on selected emails would be
useful in other ways, too.

Cheers,

        MikaL