Re: [Evolution] Evolution Mangles Attachments?

Guys,

I checked my mime types as suggested. As someone else noted, in SuSE 8.1, you can't get to them by running 'gnomecc', you have to actually log on in a gnome session. Even then, I still couldn't get to them via 'gnomecc', I had to use one of the pull down menu choices that was provided (Applications/Desktop Preferences/Advanced/File Types and Programs).

I tried to add an entry for 'applicaiton/pdf' as per Eric's suggestion, but it told me it was already there. I checked, and sure enough, there was an entry for it under the catagory 'Documents/Published Materials'.

So, it seems the mime type is set up.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Jean

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 22:14, Not Zed wrote:
> I think maybe the problem is that it is being sent as a plaintext
> attachment, rather than application/pdf?  When I attach a document,
> Evolution (or more properly, GNOME) is correctly identifying the file
> type--see attachment below (sorry--it's the only PDF on my disk that I'm
> sure I have the right to redistribute!).

Yeah this is the problem.  This crashed my old version of pre 1.2 i use
in the indexer (well in iconv i think).

Currently evolution does conversion to utf8 and back again for any
text/* data, which is used for indexing and to simplify the api.  This
is the main reason inline pgp can't be supported too ... its a bit of a
big change, although we want to do it one day.

Its probably trying to iconv the data from your locale charset (since it
is 8 bit data and hence not us-ascii) into utf8, and then back again
when it saves it ... which would probably just result in a mess.

Workaround: fix your mime types.