Re: [Evolution] Dictionaries

tor, 2003-02-13 kl. 04:48 skrev Ronald Kuetemeier:

From my experience that's a problem, specially in none technical
settings.  If I write a German business mail, I don't want English mixed
in.  Which I sometimes do even after "proof" reading, and if both
languages are enabled the spell checker doesn't catch it.  Even if the
receiving entity speaks English it can be a bit of a problem. So for
business email, none tech, I absolutely prefer _1_ language for the
spell checker.  Which should be easy to select from the edit menu,
therefore no 1.2.2 for me, except after I port the 1.2.1 behavior
forward.

*Many* Dutch business and technical people have the common, to me
repugnant, propensity of sprinkling English words and phrases randomly
into Dutch documents. I've come to the conclusion that they do so to
look "clever, smart, show one-upmanship." They say: "No, it's just that
the Dutch are such good businessmen." Yuk.

My Norwegian and English pasts simply make me despise them for not
taking a greater pride in their own language.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"Can anyone define 'modern enclitic
mediocrity' in terms of the Euro for me?"
- Billy the (Norwegian-Dutch) Cat, Feb '03

e-post:         tonni billy demon nl
www:            http://www.billy.demon.nl