Re: [Evolution] Dictionaries

tor, 2003-02-13 kl. 00:47 skrev Etienne Tourigny:

Another problem I have is that if you add a word to THE dictionary it
will be added to ALL the dictionaries used at that time.  Unless we can
choose which dictionary to add the word to that's no good.

That was my principal objection to the whole thing and why I'm sticking
to 1.2.1 until speller choices for the updates get put back as they
were.

Words that are phonemically (no, not phonetically) similar (Dutch hoed,
English hood) are all too easy to confuse on the fly for non-native
speakers. A typical example is for the number of native German speakers
on different lists where "ist" sneaks in for English "is" and French
speakers "un" instead of "an". Me, I always used to mix up Norwegian
"med" and Dutch "met", which both mean "with" - but neither spelling
exists in the other language.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"Can anyone define 'modern enclitic
mediocrity' in terms of the Euro for me?"
- Billy the (Norwegian-Dutch) Cat, Feb '03

e-post:         tonni billy demon nl
www:            http://www.billy.demon.nl