[Evolution] Dictionaries

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 16:24, Etienne Tourigny wrote:
Hi to all.

Billy's comments made me think of a hybrid solution.

Right now the "active" languages (in the document) are the ones that
have been "enabled" in the Prefs.  Before you would select the "enabled"
in the prefs. and you could select "active" languages in Edit->SCL.

What if you could "enable" various languages (ex. for me American
English and French) and select a "default" for editing.  Then in the
document you could select ONE of the "enabled" languages as the "active"
and it would be initially the "default" one.

To me it doesn't make much sense to select multiple "active" languages
for spell checking in a particular document.  This can cause errors and
would add new words to multiple languages.  What I did in the previous
version of evo was Select French as "active" and when I wanted to
compose a message in English I had to de-select French and then select
English.  Instead I could just select English and French would be
de-selected.

So Anna's statement "2) The ability to choose which of the spell
checking languages *already enabled in the settings dialog* are used for
spell checking any particular mail."
would make sense to me if it read "The ability to choose ONE of the
spelling languages *already selected in the settings dialog* IS used for
[...]"

As for implementing this, one would have to:

1) add an option for the "default" language in the prefs.
2) the list in Edit->SCL would be made of the languages "enabled" in the
prefs.
3) only one element in the list in Edit->SCL would be active at a time

Make any sense?  Thanks for reading so far...

Makes sense to me - especially as this was pretty much how things
were in 1.2.1... I still wonder why that behavior was changed, when
it was so obviously The Way To Do It Right(tm) :-)

/ Carsten