Re: [Evolution] Sigs Still Screwed

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 20:15, Lane P. Lester wrote:
There are never any <table> tags in the stored signature, nor any <pre> tags. Those are evidently added "on the fly" by Evolution. Here is the stored sig file. I have already taken out the <BR>s and added the <PRE> codes for our next experiment, but those are the only changes.
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<PRE>Lane
<FONT COLOR="#0000f8">
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#008000">Using Linux more and Windows less</FONT></PRE>
</BODY>
</HTML>
Try the following code, without the <br> tags, instead using <pre>. That
takes newline characters for breaking lines and will prevent additional
<pre> tags from messing with the code.
OK, the above is what is producing the below. I notice already that the code changes described above had the effect of changing the font from Arial (or whatever sans serif is used) to Courier.

Lane

Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
Using Linux more and Windows less
OK, I added face specs to get the font changed back, but the <PRE> that Evo puts in, plus the one I put in seems to have added several blank lines inside the signature before the first line of text. So I thought about taking the <PRE> out, and this is what I get (in the Composer, all of the lines are on the a single line):
Lane Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia Using Linux more and Windows less