Re: [Evolution] Sigs Still Screwed

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 18:32, guenther wrote:
What is the paragraph style of the last lines, including sig? Try
'normal' instead of 'preformat' for the empty newlines.
Well, the quoted material is preformat, but this is normal by default.

> > Lane: You can change that sig code to the tags, you really need. Just
> > ones).
There are never any <table> tags in the stored signature, nor any <pre> tags. Those are evidently added "on the fly" by Evolution. Here is the stored sig file. I have already taken out the <BR>s and added the <PRE> codes for our next experiment, but those are the only changes.
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<PRE>Lane
<FONT COLOR="#0000f8">
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="#008000">Using Linux more and Windows less</FONT></PRE>
</BODY>
</HTML>
Try the following code, without the <br> tags, instead using <pre>. That
takes newline characters for breaking lines and will prevent additional
<pre> tags from messing with the code.
OK, the above is what is producing the below. I notice already that the code changes described above had the effect of changing the font from Arial (or whatever sans serif is used) to Courier.
Lane