Re: [Evolution] Send Later?

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 12:29, Dick Roth wrote:
Hi and thanks for the suggestion.  However I don't use evo's calendar
since the corporate calendar (Corporate Time) is required for meeting
management where I work.  Also, the command line within the reminder
option isn't very intuitive.  I'm not sure how to parse the command
line, "mail -s"Lest We Forget" your email address".

The mail command line was just an example, what you can do is run any
external system program, and your program can do the mailing... "mail"
is just a standard command line tool on unix systems.

Regarding the calendaring, you can still use the evo calendar to setup
such reminders can't you? and use the corporate calendar as a separate
tool...

Thanks anyway,
Dick

(snip)

However, an associated feature I used to find really helpful in the old
days when I used Eudora was the "timed send" where  you could stipulate
a date/time to send a particular message.  This was real handy for event
reminders when not coupled with a calendar.  Any requests for this
feature?

Such a feature already exists... you can go to your calendar, and setup
a meeting/appointment/whatever, then set a reminder and in the reminder
say:

  "Run an external program" => mail -s"Lest We Forget" your email address

Pretty cool actually, i have used it to email me
on an SMS gateway before and get a SMS reminder :-)

(snip)