Re: [Evolution] Beta 1 test

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 23:04, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Mail
- When i am not connected to Internet (but I am not on of line mode) i
have a message box saying that Evolution could not retrieve mail with
only one button "Close". May be we could have a second button "Work of
line" in this message box to switch into the Of-Line mode.

too complicated to do. it's a generic exception reporting system, it has
no idea why it failed it just know it failed and so throws up a dialog.

The back-end is what sets the exceptions, but it doesn't know anything
about "going offline" and wouldn't have any way of adding this button
anyway.

"No network connection" seems pretty common exception to me, I'd think
it would be worth having special behaviour.

- Strange but i can have only 70-80 characters per line in text mode
even if the window if larger. Work fine in HTML mode. Is it the normal
behavior?

yes, this is intended behaviour. the many mail related specifications
strongly urge that clients wrap at 72 characters to support older mail
clients that apparently use an ~80 byte buffer to read lines and also
for console clients that use an 80-character-wide screen.

Couldn't this be made optional? This isn't really issue with normal
emails, but sometimes I want to copy&paste longer lines (eg. a couple of
lines from log files) where wrapping just makes it more difficult for
receiver to read it. Making it an attachment would work of course, but
if I wanted to put comments between the lines, the whole mail would
basically be in the attachment which would be stupid.

Format menu could have Wrapless-toggle which would show and send the
lines without any wrapping at all, so it might show horizontal scrollbar
as well.