Re: [Evolution] Todo-List vs. Calender

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 23:53, Oliver Kurlvink wrote:
create different task lists for each client, then create categories like
Stylesheets/Browser checking, Stylesheets/Other medie, Backend/Metadata
etc. Now group by Category, then sort by Due date, Summery (which is the
title). This gives you a list of tasks for each category.

That would work if the categories were relatively stable, but not if you
create new ones on the fly all the time.

I also use a text editor where I maintain a task tree and I also have
always been frustrated, first by my Palm and then by Evo, not to be able
to make task trees of arbitrary depth. I once had a Palm program that
was capable of doing that, but synchronization required a Windows
program. Having a one level tasks list is in my opinion what keeps the
task list from being usable as dynamically as the text editor. When I
write down tasks as I think about them, I can't organize them without
being able to maintain dependancies. A real task tree is what would
enable dependancy relationships to be represented.