Re: [Evolution] Todo-List vs. Calender

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 05:53, Oliver Kurlvink wrote:
What I actually end up doing is just keeping a text-editor permanently
open where I note down all the things I have to do with dates and time
in parenthesis and use indentation to group tasks. I use it constantly,
but it isn't ideal, and it would be fantastic to be able to use
evolution's tasks list *and* have tasks integrated with the calendar.

you may group this in this way in evolution and it gets indeted. quite a
good feature :). at work i group by due time and then category (which i
use for customer). i then sort by status and priority. this shows me a
rather useful list of tasks. but the calender-task-view and the summary
(!!!) do not use my sort options, so these views are totally unusable.

You can? How? (I'm not doubting you - I just can't see how to do it!)
Say my To-Do list (in my text editor) looks like this (real-life
example):

[client name concealed]
  Stylesheets
    Browser checking
      IE5.5/Win
      IE5.0/Win
        tr nowrap inheritance bug?
      IE5+/Mac
        double check floats
      NN4 workarounds (@import trick)
    Other media
      Print
      Handheld
      Aural?
      WebTV?
  Backend
    Metadata
      Write RDF parser
      Add metadata to all content
      Re-code menu module to use RDF
    UI
      Re-implement breadcrumbs
    Caching!
  Documentation
    Markup and stylesheet guide
System
  Fix samba
  Why isn't scanner working?

(This is only a tiny fragment of my current to-do list. the actual one
is really long, and in many cases the task are heavily nested. It's just
too embarrassing to reproduce that material for all of you to see!) It
looks like I'd have to create a special category for each task that has
a sub-task (most of which would never be repeated again) and even then I
don't see how to get indenting in the Tasks display. Am I missing
something obvious? (If you've got this working nicely, and your tasks
aren't too embarrassing for public consumption like mine are, could you
send me - not the list - a screenshot?)

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com           www.dzr-web.com