Re: [Evolution] Todo-List vs. Calender

On Sat, 2002-10-05 at 20:34, Oliver Kurlvink wrote:

any comments to this? :)

I absolutely agree.  .-)

In every calendar program that features to-do lists I have used, there
is a disconnect between the calendar and the to-do list. I can remember
to use and check my calendar, but the to-do list remains largely unused,
because correlation between the calendar and the to-do list is hard even
when viewed side-by-side. In fact, when I do use the to-do list it is
for items that have no definite time constraints.

In a collaborative environment it gets even worse, because a co-worker
might check my calender to see what I am doing, when I have time for a
meeting, etc, but doesn't check my to-do list. If I want to publish that
on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I am spending all my available time
on a particular task, I make entries in the calendar, since that way I
am sure co-workers can see I am busy. Besides, the to-do list items do
not say anything about the work load each task represents.

The counter argument for this is that, that the calendaring and to-do
features in a program such as Evolution isn't meant as a planning tool
such as Mr. Project (http://mrproject.codefactory.se/).

What one *could* consider was some sort of integration between Mr
Project and Evolution, such that appointments in the Evolution calendar
are known to Mr Project, and projects and tasks in Mr Project could
somehow be displayed in the Evolution Calendar. Some would probably say
that this is outside of the scope of Evolution, and I am myself not all
to sure if such an integration is a good idea.

Having said all, that (and just to repeat myself), I absolutely agree
with Oliver.

--
I want something that'll give me the stamina of a young werewolf, the