Re: [Evolution] IMAP speed

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 22:23, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 12:45, Scott Otterson wrote:
Jeff, those are great numbers but I suspect the test isn't measuring the
thing I'm talking about.  What I'm talking about is amount of time
evolution spends rechecking message headers and updating vfolders.  For
example, I just did this:
ah, so now it's vFolders...

vfolders aren't an issue here, I normally run with two IMAP backends
(home and work email), one backend is on the localhost, the other on a
machine just across the room on the same network.

[...]
Can you think of a way to test this aspect?  Do you think that the
checking and rechecking is because of evolutions's interaction with UW
IMAP v.s. other kinds of IMAP?  If so, the problem is solvable because
the mozilla IMAP doesn't spend this much time checking and rechecking.

what I don't understand is why you are comparing Evolution's
vFolder-over-IMAP speed to Mozilla's plain IMAP speed. Of course
Mozilla's plain IMAP is gonna be faster.

I'll do some mozilla vs evo-1.2.0 later today and post the results.

[...]
fast stuff loaded in 1.0.8 compared to 1.2.0? As far as I know, this
should all be faster... but it'd be good to get times to compare.

If you can point me to a 1.0.8 deb I can grab I'll try comparing both
against the setup here and bug it.

   Mark

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster korenwolf net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
MMMmmmmm........ chocolate........ MMMmmmmm........ coffee........