Re: [Evolution] Determining the account used for sending mail

Well, I have 5 accounts configured right now, all POP3.  They are from
various hosts.

The default account is kempa picassofish com

kempa picassofish com goes to picassofish.com.  This is a Linux box on
the net, has a sendmail server running on it.  I connect via POP3 from
evolution and download my mail.

kempa kwic com goes to mail.kwic.com.  KWIC is my ISP.  They have a
bunch of FreeBSD boxen and one of them is running sendmail.  I, again,
connect via POP3 to their mail server and download my mail.

I then have a whole bunch of Evolution filters (SPAM stuff, folder
routing, etc) but I don't think they play into this at all.  No
procmail, no other stuff in between.

Now, replying to "normal" messages seems to work well - the correct
account is probed from (presumably) X-Evolution-Source: but replying to
mailing lists (any list, I'm on several) selects the default account
(kempa picassofish com) not the one specified in the X-Evo-source
header.

So, to summarize, they both travel to me via sendmail and POP3.  They
"merge", as far as I know, only in the sense that they are both stored
on the same hard disk.

Hmm... Interesting.  I clicked reply to the message you sent to the
list.  It selected the right account.  I'm guessing this is because I
appear as a recipient?

Thanks
Aaron