Re: [Evolution] Arbitrary (way to modify) 'From' when composing

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 12:41, Kenneth Porter wrote:
On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 23:03, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
[snip]

One other thing, sorta related: Every time I reply to a mailing list, I
have to do a "view all headers" to remember which account I used to
subscribe to that list, because Evo always fills in the default account.
How about making Evo smarter about picking which account to use to reply
from? If there's no matching account address in one of the recipient
fields of the original message, use the information from
X-Evolution-Source. Don't just pick the default account unless there's
not enough information to do something more intelligent.

Uh... look at the source. Trust me, it tries to find your account info
based on the recipients. Failing that it tries the X-Evolution-Source
header. Failing that it uses the default.

If you think you can do better, feel free. it's open source afterall.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.