Re: [Evolution] Arbitrary (way to modify) 'From' when composing

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 01:43, Eric Lambart wrote:
On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 18:40, Kenneth Porter wrote:

How about this: I should be able to copy an existing account and then
edit the copy. And in case you're having trouble figuring out how that's
supposed to work, you put a Copy button after the Edit button in the
account list page, open an account edit dialog with the information from
the copied account and the name blank.

Now that is an excellent idea, IMHO.

Creating a new account copies the transport of the default account. For
"copied" accounts, you'd want to choose "None" for the source. That's 2
thirds of everything already filled out for you.

There's no need for a Copy. It's just extra cruft that doesn't need to
be there (especially since the only part not defaulted for you is the
part you want to change - ie the identity info).

The reason it copies the default transport config is just for this very
reason, so people could create null accounts and only change the
identity page.

(yes, I thought of everything...didn't I? hah)

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.