Re: Newbie questions/comments (Was: Re: [Evolution] Wish list/Todo ?)

On 18 Jul 2002, proXy wrote:
On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 20:26, Oliver Sturm wrote:

        * Insert my signature text without the leading '-- '. I'd like
          to have my name in the signature text so I don't have to type
          it all the time, but above the '-- '. I can easily insert it
          myself, but it duplicates the way it currently is.

This is actually fairly standard across most mailers and newsreaders as
far as I know.

This isn't just standard, it's in some of the more obscure RFC's regarding
handling of Signature files.

The --\n sequence on a line by itself is the designator between the body
of a message, and the signature for the message.  Clients that know this
use it to parse the sig out of a reply-quoted message.

--Mark