Re: [Evolution] Lost Folder Namespace

Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> keep in mind that the namespace is ONLY used for limiting the LIST/LSUB
> commands - it does NOT trim the namespace from the folder names.

That is NOT using the namespace.

sure it is.
See below.

 The concept of the folder namespace is
so that you define a "sandbox" for the client to search for folders in.
IOW, if you turn off "Show Subscribed Only", you still should be
restricted to only seeing what is under the defined namespace.  If you
EVER see files outside of that folder namespace, then it is not working
correctly.

sure, and even if I turn off "Only Show Subscribed folders" I still only see the same tree. it only requests the folders within mail/
the reason Trash is outside of mail/ is because it's not a real folder, it's a vTrash folder that *always* gets added at the toplevel.
I saw my .ssh directory and .Xdefaults, etc.

 If I do that in CVS Evo now, the folder bar will show my
.profile

doesn't for me, and it won't for you either if you set your namespace to "mail".
Mine is set to either "mailbox/" or "/home/67goat/mailbox/".

, which is NOT inside my folder namespace - and not even shown
as a folder I can subscribe to, since the subscription view uses the
namespace.

no, the subscription view is broken and lists each folder twice, once as toplevel and once not. It needs to be rewritten to display it just like the folder-tree is now.
See below.

Netscape won't use the Namespace properly unless you specify the "/" at the end. ÂTurn off the "subscribed only" and see what happens.

uh, you were saying?
Yup, I was.

Here's Mozilla:

And Netscape, OE, and Outlook:

Would you like a screenshot of IMP and Squirrelmail also??
the old store is there because the cache dirs overlap. you need to rm -rf it as I've said a hundred times.
Well, I've stated in 4 emails now that I deleted the local store (that would be rm -rf).

Lonnie Borntreger