Re: [Evolution] Lost Folder Namespace

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 15:04, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
I set namespace="mail" in my evolution config and my folder list
displays correctly as follows:

[-] fejj localhost
    |- INBOX
   [-] mail
    | [-] gnome
    |  |  |- desktop-devel
    |  |  |- foundation
    |  |  |- gnome2-list
    |  |  |- gnome-cvs
    |  |  |- gnome-list
    | [-] ximian
    |     |- evolution
    |     |- evolution-hackers
    |     |- evolution-patches
    |- Trash

keep in mind that the namespace is ONLY used for limiting the LIST/LSUB
commands - it does NOT trim the namespace from the folder names.

That is NOT using the namespace.  The concept of the folder namespace is
so that you define a "sandbox" for the client to search for folders in.
IOW, if you turn off "Show Subscribed Only", you still should be
restricted to only seeing what is under the defined namespace.  If you
EVER see files outside of that folder namespace, then it is not working
correctly.  If I do that in CVS Evo now, the folder bar will show my
.profile, which is NOT inside my folder namespace - and not even shown
as a folder I can subscribe to, since the subscription view uses the
namespace.

Any other IMAP mailer I've used (OE, Outlook, Netscape, Mozilla, pine,
previous versions of evolution...) - even if it's just "hidden behind
the scenes" - does not show any folders that make up the namespace - or
any files outside of it (subscribed or not).  For example, if you used
namespace="mail" in any of those, your folder list would look like:

[-] fejj localhost
    |- INBOX
   [-] gnome
    |  |- desktop-devel
    |  |- foundation
    |  |- gnome2-list
    |  |- gnome-cvs
    |  |- gnome-list
   [-] ximian
    |  |- evolution
    |  |- evolution-hackers
    |  |- evolution-patches
    |- Trash

I find that change in the display annoying, but but that is not the
problem I'm seeing with subscribing.  The problem is that some parts of
the code are "hiding" that namespace path, and others aren't.  That is
the only reason I can come up with for the fact that the Folder Bar does
not show subscribed folders.  Somewhere between the subscribe and the
show, they are not communicating the same "namespace" language.

Try deleting your account in Evo, removing your imap local store, and
then re-adding the account.  Then you'll see the problem.  That's when I
first ran into it.  Just running a "newer" Evo with my old config
started showing files outside the namespace, but the folders under the
namespace were still there.  (and as long as Evo finds your old local
store, it will be fine - but that is not what a new user will see)

TTFN,
Lonnie