Re: Custom headers RFE WAS: Re: [Evolution] RFE: ability to add headers to "standard" display.

On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 20:22, Rob Walker wrote:
On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 18:38, Larry Rosenman wrote:
On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 19:44, Rob Walker wrote:
On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 17:27, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

There has to be a line drawn somewhere where it makes sense to say "no"
and I believe this feature to be over the line.

Rats.  What would it take to change your mind?  ;-)

I **REALLY** see the need for the feature, but I'm one voice on a
"weird" platform (FreeBSD).

What is the "official" Ximian position?

Even though this isn't nearly enough to cover the implementation or
maintenance, I would kick in fifty bucks to the pool to get it done, as
the text strings that I posted earlier described.  I for one am going to
be trying to figure out how in the world to build evolution locally.
:-)

OK, so I don't have a clue about how to code this in the real world the
right way with all of the dialog boxes and text fields and stuff, but
once I figure out how to get evo to compile locally, can I edit
*default_headers[] and recompile?  This seems like a patch I could
maintain locally.  :-)

/* order of these must match write_header code */
static char *default_headers[] = {
        "From", "Reply-To", "To", "Cc", "Bcc", "Subject", "Date",
};

I don't understand what it means that the order has to match.  I didn't
see anything in write_headers that seemed to indicate that a certain
order is required to work.

rob

--
Linux, the choice          | "Joy is wealth and love is the legal tender
of a GNU generation   -o)  | of the soul." -- Robert G. Ingersoll