Re: Custom headers RFE WAS: Re: [Evolution] RFE: ability to add headers to "standard" display.

On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 21:30, Anthony E. Greene wrote:

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 08:38:53PM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:
Mr. Winship said it wasn't a definite no way.  Mr. Stedfast seems to say
definite no way.

Now, since there seems to be some disagreement within Ximian, we need a
call whether to proceed to try and lobby or not.

I **REALLY** see the need for the feature, but I'm one voice on a
"weird" platform (FreeBSD).

Since there are already a "View All Headers" and a "View Email Source"
options, this just seems like a very low priority wishlist item.
and wading through all the received and others to find the X-Spam* and
other "interesting" headers is a pain.

For the immediate purpose of seeing spam score headers, filters would be
the way to go. There are actions available to assign a color and/or assign
a score. The message would still end up in the expected mailbox, but it
would be marked in such a way that you would kow what the spam score was.
I have had no luck getting filters to understand arbitrary headers on an
IMAP account and understanding how the filters work is a problem (for
me) as well.

The filters and vFolders functionality is, err, confusing at best (and
I'm a former Outlook user).

I really think this argument that Show All Headers, and View Email
Source can replace this requested functionality is Specious.

However, I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, and will shut up now.

I will also see if I can find yet another Email/Contact/Task/Calendar
product that meets my needs, and is willing to at least listen.

I had such high hopes.

LER

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: ler lerctr org