Re: [Evolution] Current pet-hates for evolution

I'm not an Evolution developer but I'll comment where I can.

(1)  The stupid liitle empty unclosable window that popsup after I quit
evo.  Mostly it goes away, but why is it there?

I saw that once too... When Evolution has quit but the small window is
there, what evolution processes are running?

(2)  Having to setup each folder/vFolder to my prefered view (for
example adding a size column to the table)

Hmmm... a default view setting would be nice.

(3)  Not knowing where my new mail has gone (numbers in shortcut bar
don't alaways work)

Bug - I think this has just been fixed.  If not, file a bug report so
the developers see it.

(4)  Some one else mentioned the copy problem, having to pres reply to
copy text from a mail is a pain...

It works for me when I highlight to copy and middle click to paste.

(5)  Why cant I set an option to automatically recieve new mail on
startup?

POP I presume?  IMAP does this automatically.

(6)  Non-Gnome icons on tool bar (and where is option to not have text
on tool bar?)  sisiors are more obviously a cut tool than a clipboard
and an up arrow.  The Past one is ok.

The icons are drawn by Tigert and Another Dude (I can't recall his name,
but did excellent work on the splash screens).  Tigert did the original
stock GNOME icons and I think these new icons are going to be the stock
icons for GNOME 2.

(7)  Why can't the compose window be seperated from the rest of the
app.  I would really like to be able to click on an icon on my panne;
and have the compose window pop up in seconds, complete with address
book stuff and send an email.  Presently I have to load all of
evolution, click th icon, mail my message and then quit evolution.

The compose window + address book == all of evolution apart from the
calendar.

These was a project to build a small "mailto" handler but I think
dependancies like that stopped it.

(8)  Why can't we drag a message from the list onto the shortcut bar and
have it move to a folder, or add a task or contact etc.

Check bugzilla for this one, but I'd file a bug.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8680 8712