Re: [Evolution] NEW problem with Evo and encryption

Actually, it is true... the only thing that even came close to being a spec before PGP/MIME for email was application/pgp. In-line PGP is done every which way, no 2 clients do it the same (well, this is obviously untrue if you've studied statistics but you get the idea).

The way this was done for "years" was to copy paste from the command-line into your mailer - what spec is that from???

If you've even skimmed rfc2015 or understand that transporting mail with 8bit text can be harmful to your health and if you know that some broken transports/mailers will often strip trailing whitespace on a line and if you also understand that to need to convert the text to the canonical end-of-line format before signing/encrypting to allow for interoperability between mail clients on different platforms, you'll KNOW that in-line PGP is broken in so many ways it's not even funny - not only that, but even if we WERE to support sending in-line PGP, most likely other clients would still break because we'd be too smart and CRLFify/QP encode/From escape/etc the text before signing it but the other mailers wouldn't expect this and so would still fail to verify because they are BROKEN!

To summarise: Evolution is not broken, the other mailers are.

Jeff