Re: [Evolution] email as alarm type
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- To: Rob Brown-Bayliss <on_the_net clear net nz>
- Cc: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>, "E. Joshua Rigler" <Jrigler colorado edu>, Evolution Email List <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] email as alarm type
- Date: 21 Nov 2001 12:49:23 -0500
On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 16:13, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
* At this point, it likely requires the shell to run, so
it depends on components being reusable without the shell.
My vote is to implement for post 1.0 the sendmail mechanism
My vote is to make all components reusable without the shell, all
componets, other developers should be able to use the contacts
component, the composer etc etc.
Dont get me wrong. The idea of making every component reusable would be
great, but it will take a lot of time to implement, and that is only
*one* of the many things in the path to get mail alarms working.
I do not believe its the smartest thing to do.
] [Thread Prev